Paris, France, October 22, 2022 / TRAVELINDEX / Great Wall Motor (GWM) is continuing to establish its leadership in premium and innovative xEVs in Europe at the Paris Motor Show 2022, where it is showcasing to an international audience the all-electric models Funky Cat, Funky Cat GT and The Next Ora Cat from the all-electric brand ORA, as well as the plug-in hybrids Coffee 01 and Coffee 02 from the premium brand WEY.
After launching in Europe at the International Motor Show (IAA Mobility) in 2021, GWM has been intensively preparing its market entry in the first key countries: France and Germany. The Paris Motor Show, which returns after four years, is being held from 17-23 October 2022 and allows all visitors to experience GWM’s innovative technology through a range of vehicles at Pavilion 6, Booth 641, and to test drive them.
Henry Meng, President of GWM Europe, said: “The slogan of the Paris Motor Show this year: ‘Revolution is on’, embodies much of what GWM also stands for: premium vehicles that enable a new, self-determined lifestyle with intelligent technology. We are pleased to be able to show our electrified products and have a presence as a company at the Paris Motor Show. Europe is the most important market for us outside of China. And that’s why the Paris Motor Show is the optimal opportunity to showcase both GWM and our vehicles to the European market.”
Carefree into the future – with the GWM ORA models
ORA is GWM’s fashionable ‘Pure Electric Brand’ and is aimed at a young, urban and progressive target groups. The three models being presented at the show are:
– ORA Funky Cat: The successor to the ORA Cat launched last year at the IAA Mobility in Munich. Retro, but fresh and futuristic – the 100 percent electric Funky Cat is ready for big adventures, with a range of 310 km. The ORA Funky Cat will begin its first deliveries in Germany in the fall of 2022. Next in line will be the UK and Israel.
– ORA Funky Cat GT: The sportier model of ORA Funky Cat. The sharpened front end gives it that certain something, and the inlays in the front and rear bumpers make it clear that this model is different. GT drivers will also enjoy special air vents and a version-specific steering wheel.
– The Next Ora Cat: The sporty technology, elegant design and a high level of comfort come seamlessly together: the four-door, all-electric coupe has an elegant appearance thanks to its curved design elements and frameless doors. The Next Ora Cat comes standard with all-wheel drive and 19-inch tires. With a maximum torque of 680 Nm, it accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.3 seconds.
WEY Coffee 01 and WEY Coffee 02 – comfort meets intelligence
Apart from the all-electric city cars, GWM is also displaying its latest premium SUV models: WEY Coffee 01 and Coffee 02.
– WEY Coffee 01: This premium plug-in hybrid vehicle is GWM’s flagship model and meets the highest European standards. ‘Smart Driving’, ‘Smart Cockpit’ and ‘Smart Device’ are the underlying concepts that make WEY the pioneer of a new generation of intelligent vehicles. The purely electric range can drive up to 150 kilometers. It goes from 0 to 100 km/h in 5 seconds and on to 235 km/h.
– WEY Coffee 02: This model, like the Coffee 01, offers convenience and technology for the whole family. With four cameras for a 360˚ all-round view, smart driving assistance and a 14.6-inch multimedia touchscreen, it offers comfort and safety that meets even the highest demands. The transparent car floor is an absolute eyecatcher.
About Great Wall Motor
Great Wall Motor (GWM) is a Global Intelligent Technology Company. The company made its initial public offerings on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong in 2003 and the Shanghai Stock Exchange in 2011. With more than 80 subsidiaries and affiliates, GWM employs more than 70,000 people. Its automobile sales have exceeded one million units per annum for six years running. In addition to China, GWM sells its high-quality automobiles in more than 60 markets through an overseas network that covers more than 700 locations worldwide.
First published at TravelCommunication.net